Privacy and Cookies Policy
We want everyone who uses this site to feel confident and comfortable with how any data you provide will be looked after or used. This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out how we collect, use and store your information.
Does OpenPAWS collect information from users?
This Site does not automatically gather any personal information (such as name, address, phone number, e-mail address) from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily through contacting us via e-mail, or through your completing and submitting an online form (such as our online screening tools). Personal information (such as name, address, phone number, e-mail address) obtained from users of this Site is GDPR compliant. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected, and that you have a right of access to the information.
If you should choose to provide us with personal information—as in an e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it to us through the Site —we will only use that information to respond to your message and to help us get the information you have requested. The Site does not collect personal information for commercial marketing or distribution to any private organizations.
Information collected automatically via the website
The site does use web analytics software to collect the following general information about visitors to the site:
- Operating system (eg Windows, IOS, Android).
- Browser (eg Chrome, Safari, Firefox).
- The Internet domain and IP address.
- Service provider (who provides the broadband connection eg Sky, BT).
- Screen resolution of device (the size of the device screen in pixels eg 960×600).
- Language (the language setting of the browser you are using).
- Geographic data (country and nearest city to location when viewing the site).
- If user is new to the site or has visited it before.
- What pages have been visited.
- Time spent viewing pages that are visited.
- The date and time of day when user visited the site and its pages.
Why does OpenPAWS collect this data?
We use the data collected to assess the impact of the site and to improve the experience of visitors using the site. If, for example, we find that users have spent a lot of time on one particular page we may choose to make a link to that page more prominent from the site homepage so that users can find it more easily.
While every effort is made to ensure that all information provided on the Site does not contain computer viruses, you should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and should ensure that you have a complete and current backup of the applicable items or information contained on your computer system.